Re: Apple buys CUPS

After takin' a swig o' grog, Jeanette belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Looks like our "friends" at Apple bought CUPS
>
> http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L475
>
> and seems they already made a change.
>
> http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L179+I0+T+M10+P1+Q
>
> This file is subject to the Apple OS-Developed Software exception.

That ain't going to fly with the FSF.  Apple must release their modified
source code to their Apple users.

GPL 2:

  4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program
     except as expressly provided under this License.  Any attempt
     otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is
     void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this
     License.  However, parties who have received copies, or rights,
     from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated
     so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

  5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not
     signed it.  However, nothing else grants you permission to modify
     or distribute the Program or its derivative works.  These actions
     are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License.
     Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or any work
     based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this
     License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying,
     distributing or modifying the Program or works based on it.

--
CUPS got Jobbed!