[News] The Problem is Not Firefox Security, But the Broken Platform Underneath (Windows)

  • Subject: [News] The Problem is Not Firefox Security, But the Broken Platform Underneath (Windows)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:59:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is IE or Firefox to blame for newest browser zero-day?

,----[ Quote ]
| "Registering a URI handler must be done with care," said Kristensen, "since
| Windows does not have any proper way of knowing what kind of input
| potentially could be dangerous for an application. Improper usage of URI
| handlers and parameters supplied via URIs has historically caused problems."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1645593073&rid=-50

It's pleasing to see that the broken state of OOXML is getting wide press
coverage now:

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=97669575&rid=-50

Watch the monopoly defenders attacking Rob. That's how dirty the abusive
monopoly has become. They essentially threaten bloggers. A couple of days ago
de Icaza made an implicit threat which was directed at me. One reader said
that Novell is verging SCO-like gagging (fighting freedom of speech).