Re: [News] Linux Tablet Turns into a Smartphonetablet

> Nokia says adds Skype to N800 Internet tablet
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| With Skype, Internet tablet users could make calls through a wireless
>| internet connection, Nokia said in a statement.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070711/wr_nm/nokia_skype_dc
>
> The firmware upgrade was mentioned before, but not Skype, which is a major
> selling point.

Also note that both the N770 and the N800 have the Gizmo client
available, which, like Sype, is also proprietary, however, it in the
case of Gizmo, it uses SIP, which is a standard protocol.

Gizmo supports 1-800 US dial-out, too.  I don't know about skype, I've
not tried it recently.

Anyway, I've just ordered an N800, so if anyone's interested in a
2nd-hand N770, please let me know :-)