Re: The Windows Mentality - When the System Slows Down...

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 10 July 2007 23:04 : \____

> On Jul 10, 2:30 pm, raylopez99 <raylope...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Somebody should send this article to anyone thinking of investing in a
>> > Windows system instead of Linux or OS/X.  The article lists the
>>
>> Malware comes with market share Berkeley Nut.
>>
>> Same thing would happen to Linux if it had market share.
>>
>> And yes, I employ four different malware and virusware and firewalls--
>> and pay a yearly fee.  Something like $75 a year total.  I figure it's
>> like your cable TV subscription--though I don't own a TV--you pay and
>> play.  Simple.  If you make money, you spend money and buy the best.
>>
>> Or you can, as a student, use the library computers to post email, use
>> Linux to save money on the cost of the OS, use freebees like coupon
>> clipping and eating at the campus cafeteria and so forth.  If and when
>> you ever graduate and actually start working instead of sponging off
>> your parents, you might vote Republican as well as gravitate to the
>> Windows camp.
>>
>> Best of luck finding a job!
>>
>> RL
>
> Dear Ray,
>
> Thanks for the figures on the cost of fending off malware.  I have a
> friend who wants to buy a new computer and is trying to decide between
> a Mac and a PC.  She's not considering Linux.  The Mac costs more.
> I'll tell her that some Windows people spend $75/year on malware
> defense, although some certainly spend less.  And how much does it
> cost if you do get infected and have to pay someone to clean it?  (She
> won't know how to do it herself.)  Cost of malware on a Mac:  $0/
> year.  It helps balance the totals, and the Mac is so nice to use!
> Could be $300 or more over the life time of the computer.  Like I
> always say, buy the best!  Simple!
>
> If you lay off the insults, I might talk to you a little more.

nessuno, just plonk him. He is very rude and vain. He's not worth the trouble
of replying, let alone reading.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
Mem:    515500k total,   443824k used,    71676k free,     1832k buffers