[News] [Rival] Poor Windows Design Leaves Skype Open to Attacks

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Poor Windows Design Leaves Skype Open to Attacks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:43:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Skype also affected by supposed "Firefox vulnerability"

,----[ Quote ]
| The ripples from the problematic way special URLs are handled, discovered
| last week, continue to spread.
`----

http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/93565

Related:

Secunia says Firefox URI handling bug is also a Microsoft issue

,----[ Quote ]
| Secunia blamed Microsoft this week for a URI handling flaw that can be
| exploited when a user browses with Firefox but has Internet Explorer (IE) 7
| installed.
`----

http://scmagazine.com/us/news/article/673767/secunia-says-firefox-uri-handling-bug-microsoft-issue/

Microsoft Windows: Insecure by Design

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A34978-2003Aug23?language=printer

If Only We Knew Then What We Know Now About Windows XP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/23/AR2006092300510.html?nav=rss_technology

Why Windows is a security nightmare.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/21/1085120110704.html

The Structural Failures of Windows