[News] ATI Drivers Get Better, Open Source Drivers Impress

  • Subject: [News] ATI Drivers Get Better, Open Source Drivers Impress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:47:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ATI R200 TV-Out In Open-Source Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The GATOS project has long been known as the path to take for enabling TV
| output support with the open-source X.Org driver on the Radeon 8500 to 9250
| (R200) series, but soon you may no longer need to worry about the GATOS
| patch.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/?page=news_item&px=NTkzNg

NVIDIA & ATI GTK Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 7 was used with the Linux 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 kernel and X server 1.3.0.
| Like our previous tests, GtkPerf 0.40 was run 1,000 times.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=793&num=1

Related:

Avivo vs. Fglrx Driver In GtkPerf

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see from the timed results, the GTK+ performance when using
| the Avivo driver with ShadowFB enabled had sharply outperformed the
| 8.39 fglrx driver (partly due to the CPU operations).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=779&num=1

Nouveau Driver 2D performance exceeds Nvidia driver

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxupdate.blogspot.com/2007/07/nouveau-driver-2d-performance-exceeds.html