Re: Microsoft's Customers are OEMs, Users Are Just Products

____/ peterwn on Monday 30 July 2007 10:24 : \____

> On Jul 30, 8:22 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2349
>>
>> "The guy at the keyboard of a Windows Vista box,
>> using Microsoft Office at work, and Windows Media
>> Player at home is not the customer, he is _the product_.
>> The customers are Dell, AOL, media licensing conglomerates, and so on."
>
> Same with TV stations.  The advertisers are the real customers.  I am
> still waiting for the local station to invite me out for a three
> Martini lunch.

You can sometimes choose different TV stations and cable suppliers though.
TiVo's spying capabilities do appear like an equivalent of Microsoft's service
to the US government, but in Vista they have gone too far.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com