[News] Sun Insists OpenSolaris is Not a Linux Ripoff

  • Subject: [News] Sun Insists OpenSolaris is Not a Linux Ripoff
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:21:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sun's 'Project Copy Linux' not a Linux copy

,----[ Quote ]
| Murdock also refused to talk about Sun's FISHworks project – billed as a
| NetApp killer.
|
| Sun has put some of its top Solaris engineers in charge of a
| software/hardware effort meant to create a solid network attached storage
| (NAS) appliance. The company demoed this project to analysts early this year,
| although it refuses to give reporters the same honor.
|
| We did track down Adam Levanthal, one of the FISHworks leads and co-authors
| of DTrace, at OSCON. He revealed that the product should ship early next year
| and that it includes some special sauce above Solaris for handling storage.
|
| "I'm not going to talk to you about it more than that," he said, rather
| bluntly.
|
| Why not just slap us in the face?
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/29/sun_projectindiana_oscon/

Recent:

Sun CEO: "Proprietary"...did more damage to sun than any market downturn

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/sun_ceo_proprie.html