Re: [News] Infrastructure Architect: Linux is Years Ahead of Windows Vista

In article <Nu_qi.6256$By5.2987@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So you guys just pull these numbers out of your ass, eh?  How could
> > an OS, whose default shell can be traced all the way back to the
> > 1970s, be "years ahead" of any other OS at all?  What OS are you
> > comparing it to?  Apple DOS?
> >
> > The idea seems to be that linux is good because you use it.  And you
> > are good because you use linux.  And there doesn't seem to be a lot
> > of thought deeper than that.  No wonder there are so many people
> > over here who use pgp trash and so few over here that can grasp the
> > limitations of pgp trash.
>
> Windopws Pista will suck until 2009 before next updates are released.
> Therefore its atleast 2 years behind.
> If you have seen the latest Beryl and Compiz
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmz9a9pJR_s

I find it very interesting to see Linux advocates point to (beta)
features that do nothing but look cool, as if that somehow would put
linux ahead of Windows. Because, well... "looking cool" is what it's
all about, right?

3D compositing for 2D objects has been in OSX for years now, and I'm
pretty thankful that no one has gone overboard with like Beryl does.
It's just not useful.

--
Sandman[.net]