Re: [News] [Rival] MS-BBC's DRM Toolkit DoA (Disaster on Arrival)

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> BBC Why-player
> [...]
>> | it?s only now that the software is available that we can see
>> | how unfriendly the experience is for the poor licence fee payer.
>> `----
> [...]
>> http://www.vnu.co.uk/vnunet/news/2195167/bbc-iplayer-shuns-vista-macs
>
> "the iPlayer is a joint development with Microsoft. "
>
> Say no more.
>
> Hasn't this abomination been in development for years?
>
> It's odd but seems to be true, that the quality of Microsoft products
> seems to be inversely proportional to the amount of time they spend
> (co)developing them. Case in point; Vista. Case closed.

There's nothing co-developed here, it's a Microsoft binary, which the
BBC think they can influence.  They're making the same mistakes which
Telcos began to make with their suppliers nearly 20 years ago.  They
have become dinosaurs, whose singular purpose appears to be to support
the Microsoft monopoly.