[News] [Rival] Britian Trusts Convicted Monopoly Abuser

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Britian Trusts Convicted Monopoly Abuser
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:18:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
U.S. Brands Rule Britannia

,----[ Quote ]
|  From Rolls-Royce to the Ritz, from Burberry to the BBC, brands from Britain
|  are held in the highest regard by all. That is, by everyone except the
|  British. A survey has revealed that thousands of consumers in the U.K.
|  prefer American brands like Microsoft, Coca-Cola and Google to Guinness,
|  Cadbury and British Airways.
|
| [...]
|
| The top three brands were all American: Microsoft, Coca-Cola and Google.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/26/superbrands-microsoft-google-face-cx_ll_0712autofacescan03.html?partner=yahootix

The British Library, National Archives, MS-BBC. There's clearly some nepotism
going on and people are unaware of the truth.

Here is one man's new story:

http://fuckallbloggers.com/2007/07/18/technical-difficulties/

"It really sucks that Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Vista. Even going
as far as artificially limiting DirectX 10 to Vista-only. "

Watch the images at the top.

Related:

UK lags in open source adoption

,----[ Quote ]
| The UK is behind the US and much of Europe in taking up open source
| technologies, according to a massive survey by Alfresco.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/servers/news/120789/uk-lags-in-open-source-adoption.html

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]
| BBC viewers have flooded the corporation with complaints over how it
| covered the launch of Microsoft Vista earlier this week.
|
| In one cringingly servile interview worthy of Uriah Heep, the
| Beeb's news presenter Hugh Edwards even thanked Gates at the
| end of it, presumably in appreciation at being allowed to give
| the Vole vast coverage for free.
|
| In other TV news items presenters excitedly explained how Vistac
| ould be obtained and installed - details courtesy of the BBC's
| website.
|
| But British viewers, currently forced to pay a £131.50 licence
| fee to maintain the BBC's "impartiality", were less than impressed.
|
| Scores got in touch to complain that so much was Auntie up Bill's
| bum that you could barely see her corset.

Brits! Act now to save the BBC from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/31/brits_act_now_to_sav.html