Re: [News] Google OLPC Funding Used to Improve Battery Life

> Hey charger! OLPC gets power boost from Aussie coder
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A 21-year-old Australian is playing a key part in developing the charger unit
>| for the XO-1 -- the laptop which is the centre of the One Laptop Per Child
>| project.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| According to it's website, GSoC aims to "get more open source created and
>| released for the benefit of all", and requires students to license all GSoC
>| code under a licence acceptable to their host organisation.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=193757623&rid=-50

It's good to see something other than a breakneck drive to trouser cash
being the motivator for some work.  Not that I've anything against
making money, but I think that there are also other reasons to do things
- one reason why I'm a school governor.