[News] Linux Games Galore: Massive Multiplayer Online Games

  • Subject: [News] Linux Games Galore: Massive Multiplayer Online Games
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:17:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux gaming, part four: massive multiplayer online games

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has many high-quality online games available which players
| unfortunately may not be aware of. Some are commercial, some are surprisingly
| professional open source projects, and even some very popular online games
| from the Windows world run on Linux through emulation.
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/26/linux-gaming-part-four-massive-multiplayer-online-games/

Related:

Commercial Games In Linux...

,----[ Quote ]
| So I’ve decided to compile a list of non-free games for Linux. These are just
| a few that I have personally came across, and in no particular order, are
| just here to prove that there is a small, but growing market for Linux games.
`----

http://techystuff.info/?p=80

Top Ubuntu Games

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are the best games I have found that you can play on Ubuntu.
`----

http://linandwin.wordpress.com/2007/07/22/top-ubuntu-games/

linuX-gamers.net live 0.9.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The next release candidate of the linuX-gamers.net live-DVD is available,
| the changes are:
|
| [...]
|
|     * Nvidia driver can be easily installed when the video card was
|       not detected correctly
|     * Speedup of reading data from DVD
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2219

Mandriva teams up with TransGaming to release gaming-enhanced MandrivaLinux
2007

,----[ Quote ]
| TransGaming Inc., a leading developer of software portability products
| for the electronic entertainment industry, announced today that
| MandrivaLinux 2007 will include direct integration of their Cedega
| portability engine along with Empire Interactive's popular game FlatOut.
| This OEM agreement brings the thrill of electronic entertainment to
| Mandriva's growing Linux user-base.
|
| The combination of Cedega and FlatOut is seamlessly integrated within
| the MandrivaLinux 2007 installer, giving Linux users access to top tier
| titles as part of the operating system, while also allowing them to play
| hundreds more games, right out of the box. In addition to FlatOut, users
| will be able to play blockbuster titles with Cedega such as Battlefield
| 2, World of WarCraft, Civilization IV, Need for Speed: Most Wanted,
| Madden 2006 and more.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2006/sep/28/mandriva_teams_up_with_transgaming_to_release_gaming_enhanced_mandrivalinux_2007

Linux gaming, part two: strategy games

,----[ Quote ]
| Along the years, many commercial games have found their way to Linux too,
| even in limited numbers. Open source strategy games presented here
| still present only the tip of the iceberg, as there are many other
|  strategy game projects out there for Linux. Happypenguin.org, a
| fine source for Linux gaming news, alone lists 151 games in the
| strategy category.
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/19/linux-gaming-part-two-strategy-games/

Free Open Source Gaming