Re: Microsoft Brags Guerrilla Marketing, Linspire Joins Alliance

____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 27 July 2007 02:10 : \____

> On Jul 26, 7:29 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> What a sickening press release from the most deceitful company (Microsoft):
>>
>> Guerrilla Marketing Guru Al Lautenslager Provides Small-Business Owners With
>> Tips on How to Market Their Business
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070725/aqw075.html?.v=17
>>
>> More below.
>>
>> Linspire Joins Interop Vendor Alliance Program
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Linspire has always been about choice and this alliance fits into that
>> | key philosophy," said Kevin Carmony CEO, Linspire, Inc.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3845/
>>
>> Kevin Carmony thinks like Steve Ballmer though. He seems to be loathed in
>> the Linux world these days.
>>
>> Related:
>>
>> Sun exec accuses Microsoft of 'patent terrorism'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The efforts of Microsoft to pressure the Linux community over alleged and
>> | unspecified patents is akin to "patent terrorism", according to a local
>> | executive for Sun Microsystems.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Sun-exec-accuses-Microsoft-...
>>
>> Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft, no longer the technological leader in the Computer Desktop
>> | market, is taking on a terrorist role in its attempt remain in power
>> | at all costs. (see the link to the CNN story below)
>> |
>> | The tactic is intended to frighten current, and would be, free
>> | software users away from products that Microsoft just can't compete
>> | with. It's not a new tactic, but for the first time desperation is
>> | beginning to show.
>> `----
>>
>> http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?wiki=Microsoft_Terrorism
>>
>> Convicted Monopolist Terrorizes Software Industry
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | That headline is designed to grab your attention. Sensationalistic as
>> | it may be, it also happens to be true, if what you mean by 'terrorize'
>> | is to provoke fear.
>> |
>> | If you've been following the presidential race in the United States,
>> | you know the present crop of candidates have been exploiting the fear
>> | of the American people as they never have before in the history of
>> | the country.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/ms_threats.html
>
> Corporate terrorism is terrorism. Microsoft is a terrorist
> corporation, and Linspire and Xandros and Novell are all guilty of
> funding this form of terrorism (giving aid and comfort). MS, Linspire,
> Xandros, and Novell are all terrorists.

I always call them "accomplices". They are like the short little guy that
sidles with the chaingun man and pulls a knife once in a while, knowing that
there's backing from the Mafia (think about all these films with Joe Pesci).

http://www.answers.com/topic/joe-pesci?cat=entertainment

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
 04:00:02 up 40 days,  9:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.27, 1.55, 1.91