Re: [News] [Rival] People Relieved to Get Back to 2001 (Windows XP)

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] People Relieved to Get Back to 2001 (Windows XP)
  • From: waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:11:06 +0000 (UTC)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-07-26, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I' Running Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| It?s a rare scene that you will catch me using Windows Vista. In fact, it?s
>| even a miracle that I?m using that blasted operating system. However, it was
>| not my choice as the commandment was handed down by the master chief and I?m
>| force to oblige. According to him, I was to trial run the damn thing and see
>| whether any problem comes out before the whole office decided to embrace
>| Vista. Biting my tongue, I let the operating system install on my working
>| system.
> `----
>
> http://www.jaselee.com/blog/2007/07/24/im-running-vista/
>
> Poor chap had an 'upgrade' (or so they told him).
>
> So long Vista, Hello, XP Nice to see you again.

I have several friends who have done just that including two
who have purchased Vista loaded machines which they wiped
and installed XP on.
I've read the Wiki and Vista does have a lot of technology
improvements that are not obvious to the user however
the problems, increased hardware requirements per performance
and eye candy are just not enough to keep some people
with Vista let alone entice people to upgrade via
shrink wrap.