Re: Microsoft Tips and Tricks for beginners

____/ dapunka on Wednesday 25 July 2007 21:37 : \____

> On 25 Jul, 20:58, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." <p...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Windows tip #248: add BUGS=OFF to your registry.
>
> I think adding BUGGER OFF may be useful too.

That would b0rk the Registry. The PC would no longer boot. The Registry has
earned this notoriety because of the fragility of that opaque Registry
(compare with KDE config files that are cached, or hash tables that are
rebuilt 'off line', not to mention the excellent GConf).

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
Tasks: 119 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie