[News] Free Software Methodologies Produce Better Software, Benefit Business

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Methodologies Produce Better Software, Benefit Business
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:14:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Free Software Values Work for Business

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark observed that open source’s key strength against legacy companies is the
| ability to collaborate. Many people from all over the globe, many of whom
| have never met, work together to create complex software releases like
| Ubuntu. These people work to release software at regular intervals and with
| much greater frequency than either Microsoft or Apple. The ability to
| collaborate in a distributed fashion and produce quality results gives open
| source a significant advantage in the market.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/conferences/blog/2007/07/oreilly_radar_executive_briefi_1.html

Related:

Free Software Foundation's Stallman Sets the Record Straight

,----[ Quote ]
| "Most operating systems were developed for commercial or technical
| motives, but GNU was developed for the sake of giving users the
| freedom to cooperate in a community," said Richard Stallman, founder
| of the GNU Project. "If users don't know this, they will be in danger
| of losing their freedom."
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/qcRJVgbO8fUXJY/Free-Software-Foundations-Stallman-Sets-the-Record-Straight.xhtml

Stallman: Free software is matter of good vs. evil

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/43541-1.html