[News] Review of Mandriva 2007 Praises No-brainer 3-D Desktop Setup

  • Subject: [News] Review of Mandriva 2007 Praises No-brainer 3-D Desktop Setup
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:10:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva 2007 Spring Version Review: Part I

,----[ Quote ]
| A Good Distribution for Most People? Possibly, although I cannot help but
| wonder if PCLinuxOS would not be a better choice for those looking for the
| niceties from Mandriva without its shortcomings. Then again, PCLinuxOS has
| offered me very little, since they do not self-install my proprietary video
| drivers for setting up a clean running 3D environment.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2613&Itemid=449

Related:

Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Using Spring shouldn’t be a problem for those that haven’t been familiar with
| Linux before, but it also shouldn’t disappoint those who are experienced and
| wants to have a stable, well done and solid system. I have to say I highly
| recommend this version of Mandriva to both old Mandriva users and those who
| haven’t yet used the Linux system from France.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/mandriva/mandriva-20071-spring-review/

Mandriva has come to Russia

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva, one of the world?s top software developers, has announced
| opening its official department in Russia ? Mandriva.ru.
`----

http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/4052/

Low-cost student laptops to run Mandriva Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva, the France-based Linux distributor, will have a
| version of its Mandriva Linux 2007 pre-installed on Intel's
| new low-end laptop for students, the Classmate PC.

Mandriva won't pay Microsoft "protection money"

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not surprising that people were speculating about
| Mandriva being the next on Microsoft's list given its
| financial position but CEO, Francois Bancilhon has ruled
| it out.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/06/mandriva_wont_p.html

1 Month On: Mandriva 2007 Spring - Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last month (and a bit) I've been running Mandriva 2007.1
| Spring PowerPack on my Toshiba Satellite 2410. To avoid people
| having to skip to the conclusion, I'm sticking with Mandriva
| Linux Spring on my laptop permanently!
`----

http://blog.cyprix.com.au/?p=19

Mandriva Linux Xtreme + Beryl

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Linux Xtreme (with beryl). Polish Edition of Mandriva Linux.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swCnR6KNoa0

Mandriva Spring - Beautiful Change of Season

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all I'd say it's a fairly typical Mandriva release. It
| features improved looks and added features, but it is released
| with a few issues. I don't think many of the problems are of
| major importance for the average user, but for myself, I won't
| be using Mandriva without wireless support.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070430#feature

FULL review: Mandriva One 2007.1 "Spring Edition": GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/05/full-review-mandriva-one-20071-spring.html