Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Dirty Tricks Come to Spain

____/ John Locke on Tuesday 24 July 2007 17:34 : \____

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:25:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Now It's Spain and OOXML - More Standards Highjinks?
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| It seems there may have been more games played by Microsoft in the OOXML
>>| saga, or at the very least some confusion spread, and this time our story
>>| comes from Spain, where the government of Andalusia has now sent an
>>| official letter of protest [PDF, Spanish] to the president of the technical
>>| committee deciding whether or not to accept OOXML as an ISO standard,
>>| denouncing what it called an attempt by Microsoft to manipulate the process
>>| by selectively quoting from a letter from the Andalusian government back in
>>| January as if it were an endorsement of OOXML as an ISO standard today.
>>| That January letter, Andalusia says, was not intended to indicate that it
>>| felt there should be an acceptance of OOXML by the technical committee.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070723235113424
>>
>>There's a lot of Microsoft ugliness at this stage. I'm just trying to catch
>>up...
>
> You haven't seen anything yet. Its gonna get real interesting...they're
> starting to shows signs of the "cornered rat" syndrome.

Nobody likes rats.

Microsoft Faces EU Probe on Word, Excel Dominance, People Say

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp., the world's largest software maker, is facing deeper
| scrutiny from European regulators on whether it is abusing its dominance in
| word processing and spreadsheets, three people with direct knowledge of the
| case said.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aR9bHOp5bm3A&refer=europe

This could get ugly. They won't get away with it, trust me.

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq