Re: [News] [Rival] Windopz "7" -- Not This Decade (Vista Or Nothing Until 2010 or Beyond!)

____/ chrisv on Tuesday 24 July 2007 15:24 : \____

> 7 wrote:
>
>>Probably because only 7 monkeys were ever harmed in typing out
>>the source code for this OS?
>>
>>Anyway, you spelled that wrong.
>>
>>Its called Windopws 7.
>
> It's named after you, man!
>
> 8)

I don't think he's smiling. Microsoft's next disaster will be an embarrassment
to his name. How long before Buena Vista sues Microsoft for slander. Acer is
now telling everybody that the entire industry is disappointed with Vista. He
dropped quite the bomb!

>From what I have read so far (quite a lot, I'll admit), 7 is another classic
case of vapourware with non-specific promises of UI change, lack of direction,
belated development, slack timeframe, uncertainty, and leadership shuffles.

Vista will be an historical O/S, but not for the reason Microsoft intended it
to be. It'll be a "Wow" -- a case of violent forcefeeding, extraction of money
from the poor (e.g. Asia), defections, threats, and 'patent terrorism' (to
quote a Sun exec).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?