[News] Chile Sells Its Citizens to Microsoft Under Secret Agreement?

  • Subject: [News] Chile Sells Its Citizens to Microsoft Under Secret Agreement?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:27:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The day Chile was Bought by Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Just today, a secret agreement between MS and the Chilean Government came to
| light. In it, every citizen was sold as a potential user of a Windows Live
| Spaces model where every SSN is linked to, overbypassing any privacy term and
| cashing Bill some bucks. It wouldn't be so awful to all if that agreement
| wasn't aprooved yet (Spanish follows).
`----

http://digg.com/microsoft/The_day_Chile_was_Bought_by_Microsoft

One might guess that the leaders of Chile and Microsoft have something in
common.

10 Things We Hate About Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| It's easy to complain about specific Microsoft products--heck, we've probably
| written a million words on our gripes about Windows alone. But for this list,
| we dug deeper into the things about Microsoft the company that just push us
| over the edge.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,134819-c,companynews/article.html

Related:

Welcome to college, here's your Windows Live account

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, in an attempt to spread the word about Windows Live, has struck
| a deal with 72 colleges all across the world. And what is this said deal?
| The colleges have agreed to let Microsoft host their students'
| e-mail accounts.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/4/23/3719

The Philadelphia Experiment: Microsoft-Designed School Opens

,----[ Opening paragraph ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has famously called high schools "obsolete"
| and warned about their effect on U.S. competitiveness. Now, his company has
| a chance to prove that it can help fix the woes of public education.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060907/school_of_the_future.html?.v=1

U.S. Colleges Retool Programming Classes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070528/reprogramming_programmers.html?.v=2