[News] Canonical Seeks Coordination with Other Linux Companies

  • Subject: [News] Canonical Seeks Coordination with Other Linux Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:30:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Creator Reaches Out to Novell, Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Shuttleworth’s goal is to ensure Ubuntu, Red Hat, Novell and other major
| providers have a blockbuster lineup of new, coordinated offerings in 2010.
| It’s Sunday, folks, so I’m not sure how Novell and Red Hat will react and
| they’re not available for comment. However, the announcement by Shuttleworth
| essentially tries to rally the Linux market to offer enterprises releases on
| a predictable two-year schedule (2008, 2010, 2012, etc.).
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/07/22/ubuntu-creator-reaches-out-to-novell-red-hat/

Ubuntu Linux: 6 Million to 12 Million Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu, the fast-growing version of Linux from Canonical, now has between 6
| million and 12 million users, according to Canonical CEO Mark Shuttleworth.
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/07/22/ubuntu-linux-6-million-to-12-million-users/

That's just one distribution among many that are /connected/ to the Internet.

Related:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/09/1424259&from=rss