[News] Grant Offered to Assist Open Source Clinical Software

  • Subject: [News] Grant Offered to Assist Open Source Clinical Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:15:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Akaza Research Awarded NIH Grant for Open Source Clinical Trials Platform

| Akaza Research has been awarded a Phase II SBIR grant from the National
| Institutes of Health for the OpenClinica open Source clinical trials
| platform.
`----

http://www.linuxmednews.com/1185202490

Related:

Linux, Opera help fight HIV AIDS in Malawi

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera said that the Baobab team initially used a Windows-based OS
| and browser on the I-Opener, but found performance to be poor.
| Subsequently, they moved to a "Baobab Linux" implementation derived
| from Midori Linux, the lightweight distribution created by
| Transmeta -- another x86-compatible processor vendor -- during Linux
| founder Linus Torvalds's tenure there.

Linux in Healthcare

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux in healthcare is a tale of things seen and unseen. Linux/Open
| Source have enjoyed tremendous popularity in embedded systems and
| networks for major technologies used in healthcare that healthcare
| providers may not even be aware of.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3215/

Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.hoise.com/vmw/07/articles/vmw/LV-VM-07-07-31.html