Re: [News] FSF: Everyone Except Microsoft (and Proxies) Positive on GPLv3

> Free Software Licensing, Part 1: Third Time's the Charm?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Overall reaction has been very positive -- except from Microsoft.
>| Everyone has had pretty good things to say about it," FSF's Smith noted.
>| "For example, lawyers who work with free software issues, executives at
>| some of the larger companies that work with free software in various
>| capacities, like IBM and Red Hat, have all said very positive
>| things about GPLv3, so that's very encouraging."
> `----
>
> http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/58399.html

An interesting article, although I'm a bit concerned about the part
which indicates that there was a softening with respect to tivoisation
when used as an attack on businesses rather than domestic users - I
cannot see why it should be okay to lock-in a business but not a person.