Re: [News] Dell Comes to UK Shops, Possibly with GNU/Linux PCs

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 23 July 2007 09:13 : \____

>> Dell Signs Deal With British Mobile Retailer
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The company is also now selling three PCs with the Ubuntu 7.04 Linux OS
>>| installed, a move driven by customer demand, Dell has said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070720/tc_pcworld/134859
>>

> You have to laugh - they're selling Dell computers with Windows Vista
> installed to "very low margin customers"!
>
> No wonder telcos are having such a tough time.

Home Basic, 1024 MB of RAM? (I'm just guessing here) Might as well start
selling them those tiny shampoo bottles, too. How about printers whose
exclusive cardridge has a cost that exceeds the cost of the printer?

GNU/Linux is the way to go. Dell understands this and the rest watch and
follow. Look how many OEMs have announced Linux options since Dell made its
big announcement. You can't blame them for trying to compete with tomorrow's
wave. Those who don't evolve will perish. Ask BestBuy or CompUSA.
Microsoft 'patriotism' won't help.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.