[News] [Rival] SPAM Levels Still Rising Because Windows Has Back Doors

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] SPAM Levels Still Rising Because Windows Has Back Doors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 03:06:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
U.S., China top quarterly Sophos list of spam-relaying countries

,----[ Quote ]
| The overall global volume of spam rose by 9% during the second quarter, when
| compared to the same period in 2006.
|
| [...]
|
| "Once a machine is compromised, it is often used to send out spam for a
| variety of campaigns," she said.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027344

Nice doggy door you've got there, Bill. We'd hate to see criminals using them.
Well, they already have. SPAM didn't vanish in 2006.

Related:

Wow: Microsoft's Windows Vista already hacked

http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/wow_microsofts_windows_vista_already_hacked/

Spam Made Up 94% Of All E-Mail In December

http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=4H4VB4FGNIKEWQSNDLRSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197001430

Bill Gates Busted - Microsoft Lies to Press/Congress

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/7/184312/5388