[News] Murdock: Solaris Copies the Linux Model

  • Subject: [News] Murdock: Solaris Copies the Linux Model
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:42:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How package management changed everything

,----[ Quote ]
| So, the next time you read about how Project Indiana aims to make Solaris
| more "Linux-like", keep in mind that what we're actually "copying" is the
| distro model, not Linux itself--which, after all, is a kernel, and has
| nothing  to do with the package management and so forth.
`----

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/07/21/how-package-management-changed-everything/

Related:

Sun CEO: "Proprietary"...did more damage to sun than any market downturn

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/sun_ceo_proprie.html