[News] Firefox Derivative Can Grab Old Windows PCs, Beats Opera

  • Subject: [News] Firefox Derivative Can Grab Old Windows PCs, Beats Opera
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:36:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Firefox Lite: Old PCs can crush IE

,----[ Quote ]
| I want to see the Fox cripple IE's dominance and give every user, regardless
| of their machine, the security and Web experience they deserve. Give the
| Celerons and the K6s some of the power back and let light users rediscover
| what it's really like to rediscover the Web with Firefox.
`----

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/natelanxon/0,139102300,49291726,00.htm#full

I used to run Firefox 1.0 on just 32 MB of RAM (400MHz AMD). It was fine.

5 things I’d like to see in Opera

,----[ Quote ]
|    1. An updater. At less than 5 MB, Opera installer is remarkably small
|       to include not only a web browser and an email client. But nothing
|       beats an automatic 500KB update download. Users shouldn’t have to worry
|       about updates.
|    2. Extensions. One of the main reasons I prefer Firefox is that it starts
|       from the belief that it can’t be the ideal browser for everybody, so it
|       can be tweaked and customized until you drop.
|
|       [...]
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/07/5-things-id-like-to-see-in-opera/

Blog tag: 5 things I’d like to see in Opera

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://operawatch.com/news/2007/07/blog-tag-5-things-id-like-to-see-in-opera.html