[News] [Rival] Vista Problems Lead to Linux Discussions

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Problems Lead to Linux Discussions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:28:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
My experience with Vista.

,----[ Quote ]
| The other problem I have is how increadibly slow Vista was. We got a laptop
| with only a gig of RAM. Only a gig. and it ran slower than a snail in
| quicksand.
|
| [...]
|
| Yet the thing that struck me was when she said “What are people going to do
| now that Microsoft isn’t supporting XP? What are people going to do, are we
| going to be stuck using Vista even if we don’t want to?” I told her I run
| Ubuntu at home and it accomplishes 100% of my tasks in a cleaner, safer (no
| viruses / spyware), without cost, and she couldn’t believe me.
`----

http://admiralchicago.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/my-experience-with-vista/

Windows and Linux on one PC: Partners or rivals?

,----[ Quote ]
| "All popular distributions include highly powerful partitioning tools for
| splitting up the hard drive," says Nils Magnus, another member of LinuxTag.
| He therefore recommends that beginners try a version of Linux whose
| partitioning tools include strong help functions.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/85391.html

Related:

Buying a new PC? 'Windows Vista Capable' barely hits the mark

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011523
http://tinyurl.com/2x29tu