COLA Stats: Saturday the 21st of July, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 21st of July, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:22:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.23

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1755 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     459  791492    15%
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                152  960458    16%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  105  100412    56%
   4. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                87   75254    37%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   62  172232    46%
   6. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    45   99759    43%
   7. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                          39   38573    65%
   8. Rick - TrollFeeder                                37   53025    83%
   9. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>           36   31848    63%
      waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>              36   49320    39%
  11. Nedd Ludd - Troll                                 35   49066    54%
  12. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       31   45310    75%
  13. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   30   40799    45%
  14. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               29   43952    75%
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              28   34693    73%
  16. John Bailo                                        26   19117    29%
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                        26   35924    53%
  18. cc - Shifty MS Apologist                          21   38005    80%
  19. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            20   35316    22%
  20. Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               19   10595    53%
  21. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    18    7580    72%
  22. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               16   16673    61%
  23. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@gREMTHIS   15   62280    31%
  24. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      14   15036    72%
  25. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        13   17037    59%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                              13    8928    73%
      Dr. Fafoofnik <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx>                 13   15676    64%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       13   12309    52%
  29. Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                            12   14947    44%
  30. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   11    8444    63%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'                   90  155408
   2. Time to boycott the AA                                   68  110777
   3. Big Vista may be watching You                            63   90403
   4. Linux vs. windows for voting systems?                    58   87052
   5. Any trouble-free Vista users out there?                  51   65722
   6. Cringely on Costs of Vista Adoption                      42   61268
   7. Schestowitz keep posting                                 36   34114
   8. Novell Just Betrayed by Microsoft, But It Continue       31   26840
   9. Where's That $100 Linucks Laptop? The Poor Childre       29   56754
  10. Microsoft stock breaks 5 year high today                 23   22646
  11. Apple buys CUPS                                          22   31310
      Any SW development tools for Linux? Like MS Visual       22   31974
      Introducing: GreyCloud aka Maverick                      22   13500
  14. Hans Reiser: Once a Linux Visionary, Now Accused o       21   16433
      Ubuntu Tough To Install, Review Claims                   21   21886
  16. A car analogy: why Linux is useless                      20   38415
  17. [News] Over a Million PS3s Sold in Japan, Ousellin       19   25006
  18. MSN and Qwest monopolistic practices                     15   19928
      More MS superiority                                      15    9965
  20. Average Joe:  Vista adoption is inevitable (Linux        14   15008
      Where's That $100 Laptop? The Poor Children Are Wa       14   35209
  22. [News] Dell Caught Making Controversial Remarks on       13   14999
  23. [News] Linux User Names 10 Reasons to Switch             12    8971
      [News] Screenshots Tour of Gobuntu (Truly Free lik       12   29856
      Any SW development tools for Linux?  Like MS Visua       12   18708
      [News] Firefox Usage Beyond 20% in the Land of Mic       12   22788
      Vista sales continue to surge!                           12   11669
  28. [News] Kubuntu Linux Reviewed; KDE-based PCLOS Tak       11    7564
      MS proprietory XML standard correctly rejected by        11   12360
      Linux: demoted to rightful place as the desktop "P       11   31507
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    184
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                83
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  74
   4. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               48
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         35
   6. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                             34
   7. Rick - TrollFeeder                                               32
   8. Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  29
      DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                         29
  10. John Bailo                                                       21
      [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           21
      Nedd Ludd - Troll                                                21
      Dr. Livingston <theDoc@xxxxxxxxx>                                21
  14. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          20
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              20
  16. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             18
  17. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       17
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      17
  19. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      15
  20. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   14
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   14
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             14
  23. Dr. McGillicudy <WhoMe@xxxxxxxxx>                                13
      Dr. Fafoofnik <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx>                                13
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         13
  26. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                              12
  27. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
      NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       11
  29. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             10
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        10
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              28  27
   2. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     20  32
   3. Rick - TrollFeeder                                           14  38
   4. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                           12  14
   5. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 10   2
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  7  50
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                7  16
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           7  24
   9. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                      6  60
  10. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                          5  38
      waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                          5  14
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                5  28
  13. Steve Carroll <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             4  80
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                           4  25
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   4  13
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   4  31
      Dr. Fafoofnik <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx>                             4  31
  18. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             3   2
      Dr. McGillicudy <WhoMe@xxxxxxxxx>                             3  33
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      3  20
      Nedd Ludd - Troll                                             3   9
      Dr. Livingston <theDoc@xxxxxxxxx>                             3  27
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                       3   8
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                               3  10
  25. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    2  15
      snit - Ridiculous MAC Troll                                   2  40
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           2  11
      Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                                        2  17
      amicus_curious - Troll                                        2  33
      Dom - Idiot                                                   2  20
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    138
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                87
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           82
   4. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       64
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             64
   6. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        63
   8. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  60
   9. Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              59
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             59
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          59
      Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            59
  13. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                             58
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      58
  15. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         57
  16. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  55
  17. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       54
  18. Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                                           53
  19. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         52
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      52
  21. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 51
  22. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              50
      graeme <www.rillion.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          50
      NoStop <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       50
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  50
  26. Dr. Livingston <theDoc@xxxxxxxxx>                                49
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          49
  28. Dr. McGillicudy <WhoMe@xxxxxxxxx>                                47
  29. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                              46
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              46
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                             1
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           577
   2. slrn                                                            457
   3. Pan                                                             159
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       113
   5. G2/1.0                                                           82
   6. Thunderbird                                                      71
   7. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.1 (Intel Mac OS X)                            64
   8. Forte Agent                                                      60
   9. Mozilla                                                          55
  10. 40tude_Dialog                                                    31
  11. pan 0.120 (Plate of Shrimp)                                      23
  12. Sylpheed                                                         16
  13. tin                                                               9
  14. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.2 (Intel Mac OS X)                             7
  15. Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.1.051004                                 5
      pan 0.116 (Blanton's)                                             5
  17. MacSOUP                                                           4
      Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16480                             4
  19. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     3
  20. NewsMan Pro 2.7                                                   2
      NewsMan Pro 2.7 (Running under Parallels for Mac)                 2
  22. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats (currently disabled).
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 08:21:01 up 20 days,  7:15,  5 users,  load average: 0.71, 1.35, 1.98