Re: [News] [Rival] Watch How Microsoft Buys the US Government

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/10/business/10microsoft.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

>>> Yes, but this seems to be because of the same recognition that MS is
>>> no longer a powerful monopoly:
>>
>> So MS is NOT a monopoly after all. Thanks for clarification.
>
> That has been my opinion for a while.
>
> To me, it's the difference between can't and won't.
>
> There have always been alternative OSes, it's just the public wouldn't use
> them.
>
> However, they always could.
>
> And now they are.

Except, that is not the definition of "monopoly".
And hasn't been since a looong time
--
Never argue with an idiot.  He brings you down to his level, then beats
you with experience...