[News] [OSS] Open Source Makes a Strong Case, Even for Proprietary Software Companies

Autodesk University: Glimpses of a Bright Future

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Bradshaw is Autodesk's Vice President of Infrastructure
| Solutions Division, which has been an exciting post in recent
| years. The connectivity advances LandML, .DWF, MapGuide Open
| Source may end up transforming infrastructure work
| dramatically, and Civil3D, under his watch, is turning into
| a truly comprehensive product.
`----

http://www.amerisurv.com/content/view/3737/

Consultants hold an influential SOA role, and the vendors are a courtin' it

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source alternatives will makes some teams strong, and the market
| will decide. The market may well also contribute back to the open source
| code base, more than it would a commercial vendor alone.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gardner/?p=2479

Related:

Autodesk F1Q08 (Qtr End 4/30/07) Earnings Call Transcript

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/35916?source=feed