[News] [Linux] Linux Virtualisation Comes from Many Directions

Parallels Gears Up for Games, Graphics

,----[ Quote ]
| Parallels is offering an upgrade of its popular software that
| allows users to run Windows or Linux operating systems on
| Intel Mac computers.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/gaming/57756.html

Fedora 7 Xen First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| Having spent a few days with Fedora 7, I have found that, while still
| a bit buggy, the updated Xen tools show some real promise.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/06/07/fedora-7-xen-first-look/

VMware Fusion Beta 4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| You can use 32-bit and 64-bit guest operating systems in VMware
| Fusion virtual machines. VMware Fusion supports Windows, Linux,
| and Solaris operating systems in virtual machines.
`----

http://macmegasite.com/node/3672

Yesterday:

Project bridges Xen, KVM virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| Rusty Russell, a high-profile figure in the world of Linux
| kernel programming, has introduced software that would unify
| some chores for developers working on projects for the
| established open-source virtualization program Xen and
| its upstart rival KVM.
`----

http://news.com.com/Project+bridges+Xen%2C+KVM+virtualization/2100-7344_3-6189182.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/2z8om8

Related:

XenSource Prepares Latest Virtualization Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Although one of the more prominent of the virtualization providers,
| XenSource is not alone in developing open-source virtualization. On
| March 28, the OpenVX project, based in Herndon, Va., announced its
| latest operating system server virtualization software for the next
| stable Linux kernel--2.2.60.

Xen Xpansion: Ready for Prime Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Tech Analysis: The open-source Xen virtualization project has moved from
| the bleeding edge to being deployment-ready.

The Year of Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Windows will continue to succumb to Linux in the data
| center, MySQL and Postgres will continue to win projects that once
| fell to Oracle and DB/2.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/162110_p.htm

Virtualization: Linux's killer app