[News] [OSS] Security Wins for Apache, 1.0 ESB Release

Apache Synapse Accelerates Open Source SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| After nearly two years of development, the open source Apache
| Synapse enterprise service bus (ESB) is ready for prime time
| with its 1.0 milestone release.
|
| [...]
|
| Apache Synapse isn't the only open source attempt at
| developing an ESB; Software startup MuleSource is attempting
| a similar feat.

Google undermining trust in Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, to be fair, Google did list the open-source Apache web server
| as responsible for hosting and distributing malware on the internet
| as well, so I don't think this was a direct attack on Microsoft,
| but more as a statement of fact.
|
| But, Google did take its analysis further and determined that
| Microsoft's server software was actually responsible for
| distributing malware twice as much as the Apache web server software.
`----

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/06/08/google-undermining-trust-in-microsoft/

Related:

Apache with 73% market share...

December 2006 Security Space Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/stats/article.php/3652421