Re: Like cowards, they all run screaming "Ach! The Big Bad Wolf is after me!!!"

__/ [ Au79 ] on Saturday 09 June 2007 05:45 \__

> LG To Pay Microsoft Linux Tax
>
> SYS-CON Media - Montvale,NJ,USA
> Microsoft has similar-sounding deals with Samsung Electronics and Fuji
> Xerox but since those agreements were reached Microsoft has claimed that
> Linux ...
>
> <http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/386631.htm>

I think Xandros said "they needed the money". It's not about the Big Wolf.
It's more about Sugar Daddy (who offers money to manipulate/destroy a free
and diverse market). Microsoft is being anti-capitalist. Beware as they
could soon just merge with China, not just with visas and offshoring... oh,
wait.

McCain comes out against Net Neutrality; Says would hire Microsoft CEO Steve
Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| In another move that was sure to infuriate many geeks, the 70 year
| old presidential hopeful also said that he would ask Microsoft CEO
| Steve Ballmer to serve on his cabinet to deal with technology issues
| if elected. He did not however say what position Ballmer might be
| hired in, but did joke that he might consider him for a diplomatic
| position, such as ambassador to China.
`----               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/05/30/mccain-comes-out-against-net-neutrality-says-would-hire-microsoft-ceo-steve-ballmer/

Treachery In The Trenches

,----[ Quote ]
| I believe that most people do not grasp the immense entity of Microsoft.
| This is an organization and a man who commands the attention and bidding
| of world leaders. On a recent trip to America, the President of China
| spent his first evening in the United States, not with our President,
| but Bill Gates. He was the guest of the Gates mansion that first
| evening and the guest of honor for a dinner attended by over one
| hundred people. Why? To ask him to crack down on Software piracy
| and to insure that his computer manufacturers put Microsoft Windows
| on thier newly made machines instead of shipping them with no OS. He
| didn't see the President of the United States for over 36 hours...he
| spent that time with Bill Gates at his home and at the Redmond
| Campus.
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/88-Treachery-In-The-Trenches.html

They say China will inherit the world of technology which was once dominated
by thr west. Maybe Microsoft just wants to be a relevant part of it.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Proprietary, lockin-based tools lead to regrets. Doc(umen)tor, heal thyself.
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   4.0% system,   0.6% nice,  72.7% idle