[News] [Linux] Reseller News: Linux May Be Ready to Take Over

Open source desktop is ready to take over

,----[ Quote ]
| This is not about being anti-Microsoft. I oversee thousands of
| machines that use Microsoft software, and many users need
| applications that are available only for the Microsoft environment.
|
| It's not about being anti-Apple. I respect the user experience of
| Mac OS X, and I wish Steve Jobs would licence the operating system
| to other hardware manufacturers, who could then offer choices that
| meet other needs.
`----

http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/opin/6FA759488A755BA2CC2572F3007FF425

Also on that matter:

Jobs And Gates Together - What A Waste

,----[ Quote ]
| However, I couldn't help approaching the interview from an open
| source perspective and in the end I walked away thinking "What
| a waste!". Here are two very smart guys who have competed in
| business for all these years when they could have been
| cooperating and sharing all this time to create even more
| great things for their users. Just think of all the time,
| money and resources spent on marketing and developing
| products that in the end are very similar.
`----

http://www.thesourceshow.org/node/64

This is precisely why Linux is winning, _despite_ all the bullying and the
attempts to rewrite the laws or bribe politicians/CEOs.