[News] [Rival] Vista SP1 Nowhere in Sight Yet; 'Open Source' Windows (ReactOS) Loses Main Man

More Windows Vista SP1 sightings (and frustrations)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's secrecy around Windows client futures is backfiring.
| Not everyone wants to get their Vista fixes in dribs and drabs
| via Windows Update -- especially not corporate customers. If SP1
| really is due later this year, as we keep hearing, it would
| seem Microsoft might want to get a significant volume of
| testers in the loop at this point to make sure it's ready to roll.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=495

Thank You Alex [Alex Ionescu is Leaving ReactOS]

,----[ Quote ]
| For those that don't know, Alex Ionescu, the kernel coordinator, has
| resigned.
`----

http://www.reactos.org/en/newsletter_25.html#sec1

Related:

Dear Mr. Gates: save Vista, open-source it

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Microsoft may claim otherwise, Vista, from both from a technical
| and business point of view, is proving to be a failure. Why not turn it
| over to people who have shown time after time that they can deliver
| the goods?

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Microsoft Nixes 'Big Bang' Service Pack For Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| A senior Microsoft official said the company doesn't plan to issue a major
| service pack for Windows Vista because the operating system is "high
| quality right out of the gate."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=1RY1IWG1BQ2HCQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=198701442
http://tinyurl.com/2o3rcx

Not quite so. Misinformed or out of touch?