Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Spreads Some More Embedded Linux FUD with LG Patent Deal

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 08 June 2007 07:19 \__

>> Remember that the FSF cannot be /paid/ settlement to drop the case.
>> Justice once and for all. Science versus greed.
>
> I've always considered out of court settlements to be just a euphemism
> for "bribes". It's a travesty of justice. I'm tempted to say this should
> be illegal, but this *is* the judicial system. God save us!
>
> I'm sure our friend hostilis curiae can enlighten us as to why this
> highly immoral process is tolerated, nae encouraged, in western legal
> systems.

I have always thought about settlements as 'bail money'. By the way, as I
recall that mug/photo of Bill Gates after he got arrested for speedy driving
(?)... was his laywer/diplomat family rescue him somehow? His grandpa was a
State Senator, IIRC.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz    | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Swap:  1036184k total,   571080k used,   465104k free,    27324k cached