Re: < $200 laptops

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Friday 08 June 2007 00:59 \__

> ray wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:45:12 -0700, John A. Bailo wrote:
>>

>>> Ok.
>>>
>>> Now we know.
>>>
>>> We can make a laptop for less than $200
>>>
>>> Why we didn't know this before, is beyond me.
>>>

>>> Another thing: people want keyboards they can use.
>>>
>>> They want to use the Internet mobily.
>>>
>>> And they want it wireless.
>>>
>>> They also want an 8 hour -- not 90 minute -- battery.
>>
>> The 8 hour battery will cost more than $200!
>>

>>> They don't need huge, expensive and heavy "notebooks" with everything
>>> their desktop has.
>>>

>>> Why we didn't know this before, is beyond me.
>
> It's basically... buyer beware.
>
> If a company brings a new processor... faster than before... better than
> before... more bits than before... People will buy it thinking they are
> getting something good. Never mind it only gets a 2 hour battery life, it
> needs to be rebooted two or three times an hour... Dude... it's better,
> they said so...
>
> My boss's son, new to college... just realized this. He dumped a 1500.00
> Dell laptop, a speed boart for sure, for a cheap WALMART model just for the
> increased battery life time.
>
> People, most people, are generally stupid. The term used to be LEMMING...
> That, is the truth of the matter,

It would be safer to wait for the reviews (which hopefully involve no
payola). It's like the difference between a press release and an article.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   4.0% system,   0.6% nice,  72.6% idle