[News] [Linux] Mobile Ubuntu Struts features, Debian a Stable Alternative to Cutting-edge Ubuntu

Canonical refines mobile Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded edition is expected to deliver fast
| boot and resume times, and reside in a small memory and disk
| footprint," Canonical said in a statement.
`----

http://news.com.com/Canonical+refines+mobile+Ubuntu+Linux/2100-7344_3-6189214.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/ywetmg

Is Debian Etch The Other "Easy Linux"?

,----[ Quote ]
| It's no surprise that Linux geeks find Linux a solid replacement for
| Windows. But what's the verdict on the "easiest" distro to install
| and use? Has Canonical hit the mark with Ubuntu as far as simple
| installation and hardware support is concerned? And how does Etch
| stack up against it?
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/06/is_debian_etch_.html

Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn -- Cool, Fresh and... Unstable

,----[ Quote ]
| For this purpose I would go for version 6.06 Dapper Drake. It's
| stable, mature and all the bugs have been already fixed. My father
| actually uses it on the desktop in his company and has no
| problems whatsoever.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/ubuntu/ubuntu-704-feisty-fawn-cool-fresh-and-unstable/

Related: