Re: [News] [Rival] Google to Inherit Microsoft's Role?

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/OXeSW60uKg5mvA/Gates-Internet-Bubble-Is-Back.xhtml

> [...]
>
> Ozzie: Vista, Office must adapt to Web era
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Ozzie said that the transition to integrate online services into
> | Microsoft products has been a challenge but that changes within the
> | company are happening.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6133895.html
>

> Related:
>
> Desperate Acts (of Microsoft)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft is expected to spend $650 million next year to let the world
> | know it has a shiny new search service and Web advertising network.
> | That money is more than double the amount Microsoft will spend rolling
> | out Vista, the new operating system that will contribute vastly more to
> | its revenues.
> |
> | Microsoft's two-year catch-up effort in search has yielded only
> | middling results. This year it dropped from 11% to 9% of all searches.
> | Google handled 61% of the 204 billion searches worldwide in the past1
> | 2 months.
> |
> | "We're late to the game. We admit it," confesses a full-page Microsoft
> | ad in national papers, begging the world to try out its new Live
> | search service. You almost want to hand Chief Executive Steven Ballmer
> | a cup of cocoa.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Think of this fight as determining a few decabillion dollars of market
> | value circa 2010. The current figures are $147 billion for Google and
> | $284 billion for Microsoft.
> `----
>
> http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/1127/044a_print.html
>

> MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It is worth noting that Microsoft still hasn't made any headway
> | in the search-and-portal game and, in fact, is falling farther and
> | farther behind. As a result, it is not surprising that Steve Ballmer
> | is now warning media companies that Google is the Evil Empire --
> |        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | because no other competitive tactic has worked.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061116/20767_id.html?.v=1
>

> Google, Ask Gain Search Share; Yahoo, Microsoft Lose Ground
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061020/18896_id.html?.v=1
>

> Google vs. Microsoft Market Cap Game
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Interesting seeing how Google's market capitalization has chased
> | Microsoft's since Google's IPO. We have seemingly plateaued at a
> | little under 60% for a year now, but any takers on bets with
> | respect to how long that holds?
> `----
>
> http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2006/11/21/google_vs_micro.html
>

> ComScore: Google Leads Again In Search
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Yahoo reversed a slide that lowered them to 28.1 percent in September.
> | They gained slightly to 28.2 in October. Microsoft gave up 0.2 percent
> | to decline to 11.7 percent, after falling 0.6 percent in September to

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20061120ComScoreGoogleLeadsAgainInSearch.html

No, sorry, this is naff.

Google are on the up because they deliver. It isn't right to start knocking
them for no other reason than they are successfull.  I have no interest at
all in how much money Google has, as long as they keep coming up with the
goods then they can have as much as they like, none of that money was
coming my way anyway so they might as well have it.