Re: European court's Microsoft ruling Sept 17 ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 12:14 \__

http://www.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUSL0585241320070605

> 'We believe that will infringe our IP rights in Europe and it also
> violates the international treaty obligations pursuant to its (the
> EU's) membership of the WTO (World Trade Organisation),' Brad Smith
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=2004032407032848

Novell and Xandros to Microsoft's rescue. Watch and learn how money can buy
changes in the law, even if it's not justified. Kroes should take forward
her suggestion and split Microsoft. If they don't end it now, however, then
Google will do the job anyway, leading to another problem, which the EU is
concerned about as well (data retention questioned already). Europe is
apparently most obsessed with Google, Britain likes the Internet, and
America likes Yahoo. That's according to a very recent study, but anyway...
I going off topic now... they ought to have regulation about stadndards,
scale, and lockin... none at the moment...

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S