[News] [Rival] SCO's Revenue Keeps Sinking

SCO's 2Q Results Press Release and 8K

,----[ Quote ]
| Now what if it were true that Santa Cruz of old is now SCO Group? Let's
| just imagine it true for a moment. If it were, then this, ladies and
| gentlemen, is what the old Santa Cruz has become.
|
| Not one thin dime of revenue this quarter from SCOsource to offset the
| costs of it.

Now it's Microsoft that is doing the batting, rather than funnel money to
SCO. After Microsoft there's no fallback. Now they fight. They are
definitely bound to lose (but how much and how quickly is the question).

Related:

SCO About to Face Delisting Trouble, Again

,----[ Quote ]
| Nasdaq regulations require that for a stock to stay listed, it needs
| to be traded at a minimum price of $1.00. You can find out more about
| the regulations here. The relevant quantity here is the closing bid
| price, which is the last price a potential buyer offered for the
| stock. While the bid price may differ slightly from the closing
| price, it is still a reasonable indicator. Looking at the recent
| closing prices of SCOX you will notice that they closed below
| $1.00 for about 20 consecutive business days. After 30 business
| days below the minimum, Nasdaq will send a deficiency notice
| giving them 180 days before they face a delisting letter. During
| this period the company will be required to bring the stock up to
| the minimum for at least 10 consecutive business days.
`----

http://www.quantenblog.net/misc/sco-delisting

Darl McBride destroying SCO: bankruptcy looms

,----[ Quote ]
| SCO has long been sueing IBM for using SCO intellectual property in
| Linux and AIX product. Linux lovers will applaud the downfall, if
| it happens - which, no doubt whatsoever, they devoutly wish - of
| Darl McBride's disputacious and deeply disreputable company.
|
| I'm just glad that people who once worked for SCO in the UK can
| relax in the knowledge that their pensions are safe even though
| the company, which many once loved, has been taken to the brink
| of disaster by its present management.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/storage/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=369&blogid=3

SCO Plans Con Call to Discuss Earnings, Layoffs

,----[ Quote ]
| The SCO Group Latest News about SCO Group, long tight-lipped about
| issues ranging from its recent courtroom setbacks and finances to
| rumored layoffs Latest News about layoffs, has set a conference
| call for 3 p.m. Jan. 17.

SCO bankruptcy called imminent

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=902

,----[ Quote ]
| The media reaction to SCO's flurry of press releases and teleconference
| yesterday is intriguing. Just from the headlines, you can see how well it
| did or didn't go.
|
| [...]
|
| "If people think SCO has gone crazy or 'MAD' it's now official,"
| McBride said.

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the Declaration, Richard Emerson was not the only
| Microsoft employee Goldfarb was dealing with in connection with the
| BayStar investment in SCO. He mentions by name two others, from two
| other departments.

IBM's Memo in Support of its Motion for SJ on SCO's Interference Claims

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html