Re: [News] [Linux] Looking at the Xadros Deal and Finding Shades of SCO

__/ [ John Locke ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 10:23 \__

> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:06:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Microsoft/Xandros patent-pact deja vu
>>
>>| Once more we have Microsoft pledging that it won't sue Novell -- excuse
>>| me, Xandros -- Linux customers for violating its IP, specifically
>>| patents. What patents? Determined how? Violated in what way? We don't
>>| know, and Microsoft still isn't telling.
>
> They don't need to tell anybody anything. All Microsoft has to do is
> blow a little smoke and everyone runs scared. They're sitting on a
> mountain of money and they can field the bogus patent thing
> from now until the second coming. Noone has the funds to face
> Microsoft in a legal battle. Its one helluva a lot cheaper to sell
> your soul.

The turning point is reached when enough people realise what it going on.
Bell did the same type of thing before it was broken to pieces. Many people
whom I know that are moving to Linux do this because they understand the
situation, not just because Linux is better.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
roy      pts/2        cg001a.halls.man Tue Jun  5 06:08   still logged in