Re: Microsoft are having a PS2 moment

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:41:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Competitiveness at the marketing/litigious level is Microsoft's strength.
> They cannot compete at the technical level because good engineers refuse
> to work for that company.

I think that many good engineers worked for them in the past during the
win3x/WinNT 3.5 days. I'll bet the last of their good engineers left
shortly after Win2k and during WinXP and now what you see in Vista is the
result of that net emigration.

The fact is, Microsoft may have been a good company at one time, but now
they are just a marketing machine (as you and others have said) with no
technical expertise.