Re: Smart people reject Microsoft crapware

__/ [ Richard Rasker ] on Monday 04 June 2007 21:30 \__

> Use Microsoft crapware, get screwed:
>
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/12608/1023/
>
> "Users of Word 2007 should also be aware that equations created with the
>  default equation editor included in Microsoft Word 2007 will be
>  unacceptable in revision, even if the file is converted to a format
>  compatible with earlier versions of Word; this is because conversion will
>  render equations as graphics and prevent electronic printing of
>  equations, and because the default equation editor packaged with Word
>  2007 -- for reasons that, quite frankly, utterly baffle us -- was not
>  designed to be compatible with MathML."
>
> A well-deserved thumbs-down (or middle finger up?) from smart people to
> Microsod.
>
> Now if only the remaining 99% of the world population would read this ...

http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20070127202224445

'Q: The first document talked about extending standard protocols as a way to
"deny OSS projects entry into the market." What does this mean?

A: To better serve customers, Microsoft needs to innovate above standard
protocols. By innovating above the base protocol, we are able to deliver
advanced functionality to users.'

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
         run-level 5  Apr 28 15:45                   last=S