[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Gets More Mainstream Press Coverage; PCLinuxOS Declared a Winner Again

Ubuntu: A New Competitor in the OS Battle?

,----[ Quote ]
| Considering Vista's pricing and incompatibility, Linux appears to be
| a very good option. If it comes to visual effects and eye candy,
| Ubuntu Linux has some amazing visual effects, which consume very
| little resources compared to Vista. Some PC retailers such as Dell
| Computers are offering notebooks and desktop PC's with Ubuntu
| preinstalled and preconfigured, which makes it very easy to get
| started with Linux.
`----

http://www.blazingpc.com/showpost.php?p=484&postcount=1

Business vs Community: Xandros and PCLinuxOS compared

,----[ Quote ]
| This article is a comparison and a review of two Linux distributions
| that got a lot of attention recently. We will compare a fully
| commercial Xandros Desktop and more community-friendly PCLinuxOS.
|
| [...]
|
| I'm an advanced Linux user and for me PCLinuxOS is a winner.
| Exact conclusions are however hard to tell. Xandros can be a good
| choice for first-time Linux users (generally hardcore Windows users)
| and those companies that depend on software for MS Windows. On the
| other hand it isn't much more that a well-integrated set of
| packages containing open-source software plus a few commercial apps
| that are also available for other distros.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/xandros/business-vs-community-xandros-and-pclinuxos-compared/

Here is solid proof that anyone can build a decent Linux distro nowadays:

http://www.blazingpc.com/showpost.php?p=484&postcount=1

Related:

,----[ Quote ]
`----