[News] [Rival] Surface Reveals What's Underneath Microsoft's Wobbly Surface

Microsoft's Surface is evidence that Redmond is losing it

,----[ Quote ]
| Basically, Microsoft is thinking that we will interact with our
| computers like Tom Cruise in the movie Minority Report.  That is,
| that we will zing objects around with our fingers on a display that
| interacts with whatever you put on it.  While on the surface, this
| seems like a cool idea,  I think it shows a lack of foresight on
| their part.
`----

http://www.robneville.net/rants/microsofts-surface-is-evidence-that-redmond-is-losing-it/2007/06/

Related:

Microsoft: On Death and Dying

,----[ Quote ]
| In her 1969 book, On Death and Dying, Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
| introduced the 5 stages of grief. She originally applied these five
| stages to any form of catastrophic personal loss (job, income,
| freedom). Kubler-Ross also claimed these steps do not necessarily
| come in order, nor are they all experienced by all patients,
| though she stated a person will always experience at least two.
|
| Here are the stages of grief in Microsoft's own words...
|
| [...]
|
| "and let's face facts. innovation has never been microsoft's strong suite.
| we're much better at ripping off our competitors. For example, we did not
| invent either ASP [active server pages] or IE, we bought them!"
| -- Microsoft insider in the MS vs DOJ court case, 2000.
`----

http://morningwoodnews.com/2007/06/02/microsoft-on-death-and-dying/

[Paul Graham:] Microsoft is Dead

,----[ Quote ]