Re: [News] [Linux] Grafpup 2.00 (Linux) Released, GNOME 2.18.2 Released

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:25:47 +0200, Hadron Quark
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 04:21:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Grafpup 2.00 final released

>> Sounds good. Another example of the how Linux can be shaped to
>> address a specific requirement. In this case, graphics and
>> performance.
>>

>Can you name any distros where "performance" wouldn't be a nice to have?
>
>What does it's dependency management do that is not done in synaptic or aptitude?
>
>Which of the apps listed there are not installable on other Linux distros?

Hadron...you're nit picking now. I was simply trying to illustrate how
some distros are being shaped to target specific areas. This
may very well be one of the Linux communities greatest strengths.
I just loaded GeexBox last night, makes a decent jukebox out
of your PC.  (That's just an example...NO I don't think juke boxes
are the wave of the future).