Re: [News] [Linux] Dell's Linux PCs Leave Buyers Very Satisfied

__/ [ John Locke ] on Sunday 03 June 2007 15:56 \__

> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 13:24:49 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 03 June 2007 12:53 \__

>>> Soon the windummy asstroturfing community will be paid
>>> to moan about their PCs in favour of Micoshaft Corporation products.
>>>
>>> It will be worth keeping a note of who and where the
>>> funding is channelled through.
>>
>>I wish to find out how Dell's deal with Microvell relates to this. My
>>suspicion is that Microsoft extends a vendor/manufacturer precedence from
>>Fuji-Xerox, Samsung, and Novell to OEMs, starting with Dell. This deal
>>(*cough* with the devil) was made just shortly after they had come out with
>>the announcement that they would support Linux. Microsoft tries to collect
>>'tax' on Linux and to an extent it does so already ( see
>>http://boycottnovell.com/2007/06/03/microsoft-makes-money-from-suse/ ).
>>This is similar to SCO's plan, based on McBride's latest deposition
>>transcripts.
>>
>>Luckily.................. GPLv3 will solve *EVERYTHING*! And Microsoft is
>>going mad as a result. A 3-year-old scheme shall go down the drain. The
>>lobbyists continue to attack GPLv3 (seen one yesterday), but at this stage
>>("last minute" draft), Microsoft understands it's a losing battle. They
>>might try to take this to the court, but the FSF insists GPLv3 authors have
>>other plans (and purposes) in mind. It's looking good for Free software
>>because Microsoft left a loophole in its deal with Novell. GPLv3 will
>>exploit this loophole just as Microvell exploited a GPLv2 loophole.
>>Cowardice? If anyone is fearful, it's Microsoft. It's the *FSF's* wrath
>>that has the upper hand now. I'll post about this shortly... evidence that
>>Microsoft is going nowhere (and reluctantly it knows and acknowledges
>>this).
>
> I haven't figured out yet if Microsoft's tactic is to stomp out Linux
> or to TAX users to death. Maybe both. In any case, GPLv3 should extend
> the amnesty from the Novell deal to all Linux users and vendors thus
> aborting Microsoft's evil plans.

PJ told me they might take this to Court (where Microsoft performs best). In
the same vein as Richard Rasker's anti-Linux weapon <
http://www.linetec.nl/linux/microsoft_p4.html >, Bradford, meet Pie.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/brad-smith-pie.png

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."